So today I made the most simple Perfect Breakfast Pancake.
For the base:
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml of milk
- a dash of oil (I use blob of butter) for frying
For the toppings:
- 2 rashes of bacon
- a handful of chestnut mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- Begin by making the basic pancake. Saive the plain flour into a large bowl and make a small hole in the center and crack the eggs into the middle. Pour in the milk and whisk it all together until it becomes a smooth batter. Don’t worry if there are bubbles – simply leave in the fridge for a few hours to let it settle.
2. I grilled some sausages and bacon. The temperature and cooking times really depend on the quality of the grill, it took me around 10 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
3. At the same time, scramble the eggs. I do this by cracking them into a bowl and mixing in a dash of milk. I find this loads easier and less messy than using a pan.
4. Chop your mushrooms as you like and place with a little butter or oil and start frying in a pan.
5. When your toppings are ready and your sausages and bacon is cooked, begin to cook your pancake. Pour the mix on to a pancake cooker or greaseproof pan with a little oil or butter. Place on a low to medium heat.
6. Simply place your toppings on to your pancake! Add seasoning to taste.
If I was to eat this whilst on the go I would half all toppings: 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 1 egg. half a tomato and half the quantity of mushrooms. Then you could fold it up and take away!
Enjoy, and let me know what you think!